Options Open Privacy Statement:
Options Openis operated by Lantz & Associates Inc. Our corporation is committed to protecting the privacy of personal information. Our professional team are authorized to access personal information based only on their need to deal with the information for the reason(s) for which it was obtained. We value the trust of those who deal with us, and we strive to maintain the accuracy, confidentiality and security of their personal information.
Options Open will limit the amount and type of personal information collected to that which is necessary for identified purposes. Personal information will be collected by fair and lawful means.
All personal information provided to Options Open is confidential. Information collected becomes the exclusive property of Lantz & Associates Inc.
Collecting information required for programs and services
Options Open identifies the purposes for which personal information is being collected before or at the time it is collected.
Options Open collects, uses and discloses personal information only for purposes that a reasonable person would consider appropriate in light of the circumstances.
For example, we collect and use personal information for the following purposes:
- Provision of programs, services and information
- Dissemination of information about our workshops, guide and activities
- Distribution of print and digital publications
Options Open collects personal information from customers when they register for various workshops or events, and to communicate with the registrant regarding the event.
Personal information is collected, using a consent-based approach, for individuals or organizations interested in receiving more information from Options Open (for example, to mail an information package). When new personal information is collected to deliver educational programs and /or to collaborate on projects or services.
Protection of personal information
Options Open takes all necessary precautions to ensure that personal information is safeguarded and used only for the purpose(s) for which it was provided, whether it is stored in electronic or paper format. In all cases, information is protected from unauthorized access and kept only as long as is reasonably required.
Methods of protection include physical measures (for example, locked filing cabinets and restricted access to offices), organization measures (for example, limiting access on a “need to know” basis), technological measures (for example, the use of passwords and encryption) and contractual measures. For example:
- Personal information is maintained on secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems. Confidentiality agreements are signed at the time of employment.
- Electronic files are password protected and accessible only by authorized employees on a need-to-know basis.
- All sensitive information is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
- Options Open does not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards.
- An external PCI compliant payment gateway handles all CC transactions.
- Malware scanning is employed as a data security feature.
- Options Open implements a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
- All financial transactions are processed through a gateway provider. Options Open does not store or process personal financial information on its servers.
Privacy and cookies
What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files that are placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Cookies are widely used by website owners in order to make their websites work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide reporting information.
Because these cookies are strictly necessary to deliver the Online Properties to you, you cannot refuse them.
You may block or delete them by changing your browser settings. This is the responsibility of the user and that user should reference the browser help documentation.
Analytics and customization cookies: These cookies collect information that is used either in identifiable or aggregate form to help us understand how our Online Properties are being used, the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns, or to help us customize our Online Properties for you.
- Understand and save users’ preferences for future visits
- Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. Trusted third-party services may be used to track this information on behalf of Options Open .
Through browser settings, users can choose to receive an alert each time a cookie is being sent, or they can choose to turn off all cookies. Since each browser is unique, users are encouraged to view their browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify cookies.
Options Open never combines information gathered from a cookie with personally identifiable information like name, telephone number, or e-mail address, without consent.
No third-party disclosure of personal information
Options Open does not sell, trade, rent or otherwise transfer personal information to third-party organizations.
Options Open obtains consent before using or disclosing personal information for any purpose, except where the law provides an exemption. In exceptional circumstances, personal information may be shared with law enforcement agencies, in emergencies, where required by court order or search warrant or as required by legislation in all provinces and territories in Canada.
Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL) establishes the rules and requirements for commercial email messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
Options Open conducts its business communication in compliance with CASL and is committed to the following:
- Include the business address in email messages
- Identify advertising message in some reasonable way
- Provide instructions for unsubscribing in every email
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
- Honour opt-out/unsubscribe requests immediately
- Refrain from use of false or misleading subjects or email addresses
Access to individual’s own personal information
Options Open will provide information to individuals about its policies and procedures relating to the management of personal information. On written request, we will inform an individual of the existence, use and disclosure of any personal information that Options Open holds and will provide the individual with access to that information. Individuals are entitled to challenge the accuracy and completeness of personal information that is held by Options Open and to request that it be amended, as appropriate.
Options Open makes a good faith effort to ensure that personal information under its control is as accurate, complete and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used.
Options Open is responsible for protecting the personal information under its control and has designated an individual to be accountable for compliance with these policies.
Inquiries or complaints
If there are questions or concerns about personal information that is held by Options Open, or for information about these privacy policies and procedures, please write to:
Attention: Privacy Officer, Options Open at: firstname.lastname@example.org